Specialty Brewing Techniques.
Specialty Brewing Techniques is the ideal starting point for anyone looking too expanded their coffee knowledge in alternative brewing methods. Perfect for professionals wanting to set up a brewing offering in their cafe or any barista looking to make a more consistent coffee.
In this class you will be working with a selection of the most common brewing apparatus. You will be using simple and effective recipes with techniques that we be demonstrated and practiced.
You will be learning the following brewing methods:
- Cold Drip
- Cold Brew
- Pour Over (V60, Chemex)
We will show you how to evaluate the coffee through tastings and through fundamental principles we will adjust the brewing variables to manipulate the tasting outcome.
Students will learn to taste, document and adjust the tactile and flavour balances for a variety of single origin beans.
- Documenting taste & tactile balances.
- Identifying a verity of single origin characteristics.
- Mastery of all brewing variables.
- Proficiency in a variety of alternative brewing methods.
- Introduction to the ASCA Flavour Wheel and its application.